Senior Software Test Engineer
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland /
Other – QA /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Senior Software Test Engineer to help creating exceptional gaming experiences for the future Remedy games.
While working as a Senior Software Test Engineer, you will be in a leading role testing our game development tools and engine, developing our test plans and making sure that we deliver top notch quality.
Your responsibilities will be planning and coordinating the work of our Northlight QA team, collaborating closely with development teams, investigating software failures, tracking test results and proactively spotting and understanding the pain points in each phase of our development cycle. In addition, you will participate in feature request specification by ensuring that requests follow our guidelines and contain needed information to successfully implement the requests.
- Ensuring the quality of our game development tools and engine features
- Creating and adapting test plans based on latest information and analysis
- Coordinating, scheduling and prioritizing testing work
- Collaborating with internal and external development teams
- Executing planned tests and performing exploratory testing
- Developing testing processes
- Ensuring efficient test reporting
- Troubleshooting technical issues
- Maintaining documentation
Requirements and qualifications
- Experience in project QA leadership role
- Extensive background in software testing and working with complex systems
- Proactive attitude, curiosity and ability to think outside the box
- Experience with bug tracking and test management systems
- Holistic and pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
It's a plus if you also have
- Prior experience in game engines such as Unreal or Unity
- Experience in automated testing
- Experience with system integrations
- Scripting skills
- Interest in PC and console games
What is in it for you?
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable
- This position is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV and other information relevant to the position. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.