Software Test Engineer
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland
Other – IT
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Software Test Engineer to help create exceptional gaming experience for the next generation of Remedy games.
While working as a Software Test Engineer, you will be in a key role testing our game technologies, reporting your findings and making sure that we deliver top notch quality. Your responsibilities will be planning test execution, making reports of software quality on daily basis, maintaining the documentation of our tools and technology, tracking test results and proactively spotting and understanding the pain points in each phase of our development cycle. You will participate in feature request specification by ensuring that requests follow our guidelines and contain needed information to successfully implement the requests. In addition, you will be verifying that the features planned for upcoming releases meet the requirements specified in feature requests.
Requirements and qualifications
- Solid background in software testing (desktop applications/production tools)
- Experience in software products
- Experience with bug tracking and test case management systems
- Experience in software development process
- Proactive attitude, curiosity and ability to think outside the box
- Holistic and pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
The ideal candidate will also have
- Knowledge of world building software and game development tools
- Experience in automated testing environments
- Programming skills, especially in languages such as C# and C++
- Experience in Python scripting
- Prior experience in game engines such as Unreal or Unity
- Passion for games
What is in it for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable. Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else.
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system.
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions.
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV and other information relevant to the position. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.