Senior Character Artist
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland /
Art – Character Art /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is now looking for a Senior Character Artist for a key role working on Remedy’s projects.
Are you passionate about games and creating great looking believable characters? Do you also have the talent and skills to get them done? Great, because we share that passion, and would love to hear from you. We are looking for a skilled artist with a strong understanding of sculpting as well as hard surface modeling, UV layouts and materials. We hope you’re able to work with concept art, scan data and play a major part in creating the characters in the core of our experience.
For this role we can case-by-case consider remote working outside of Finland.
- Create and implement high quality character assets
- Collaborate with other departments, eg. Rigging, Character Tech
- Advise, review and provide feedback and guidance to external development on maintaining the quality and art style of assets
- Provide accurate time estimations for tasks and meet production deadlines
- Mentor and review the work of more junior members of the team
Skills and experience needed to succeed in this role
- Demonstrated experience in Senior Character Artist roles on 1st or 3rd person AAA titles
- A portfolio showcasing your skills in creating realistic characters
- Excellent understanding of form, shape, structure, and anatomy
- Proficient knowledge of Max, Maya or Modo, MudBox / ZBrush and Photoshop
- Clear verbal and written communication in English
The ideal candidate will also have
- Background in traditional art and any relevant experience or studies, for instance photography or animation
- Experience of working with photogrammetry or similar scanning techniques
- Experience in Substance designer, Substance Painter and Marvelous Designer
What is in it for you?
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable
- This position is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
To apply, please fill in the application form with your portfolio, CV (in English) and other information relevant to the position. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.