UI Designer (Tools)
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland
Programming – Tools Programming
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is looking for a UI Designer for a key role in our Tools team.
As a UI Designer in the Northlight team, you will work in close collaboration with fellow designers, tools programmers, and game developers, to help us design great tools that will be used to create great games. You will test your designs directly with your users, design highly usable and productivity-driven interfaces with and for expert users, and guide the implementation of your spec alongside a team of programmers.
Because we believe design is more about the people than about the interfaces, we are looking for a particular kind of person. You enjoy learning and exploring new concepts hands-on. You care most about the impact your work has for your users. You have a "move slow and fix things" mentality. You enjoy working with others, and you are confident enough to take matters into your own hands.
In this role, your responsibilities and our expectations will be tailored to fit your experience and interests. Our growing UX team is also committed to helping you learn and grow - here you can truly deepen your knowledge, and work with unusual problems in need of clever solutions.
- Design and maintain user-friendly, productivity-driven interfaces and interactions
- Collaborate with game developers and tech teams to design tools workflows and features
- Communicate and test your designs through rapid prototyping methods and high-fidelity spec
- Work closely with Tools Programmers to help implement your designs
- Work closely with other designers to help improve tools UX
- Help strengthen our internal UX practices and methodology
What we expect from you
- Experience as a designer, or related roles
- Experience with modern digital design tools
- A portfolio of UI design projects
- Understanding of design principles
- Excellent English communication skills
An ideal candidate will also have
- Interest in human psychology and behavior
- Interest in game production pipelines and tools
- Understanding of front-end development principles
What is in it for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable
- Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV and other information relevant to the position (for example your portfolio). We will fill the position as soon as we find the right person.