Senior System Administrator
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland /
Other – IT /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Senior System Administrator to create exceptional gaming experiences for the next generation of Remedy games.
As a Senior System Administrator you'll join to strengthen Remedy's IT team. Our team is responsible of operating and developing our IT infrastructure, including workstations, networks, shared storage, console development kits, server platforms, and server applications. Plus some special circumstances in dark places (flashlight provided).
As a member of our IT team, you will have a high level of freedom in prioritizing and executing your tasks, but with an experienced team ready to back you up.
Our network is built on a hybrid platform of Linux and Windows servers in a complex network environment consisting of several subnets for different purposes, e.g., console development kits. Most of our hosts, including workstations, run dual stack IPv4/IPv6. Due to huge amount of data moving through the game development, we have several different storage platforms for different purposes.
The most essential service we provide are access control and storage (3+ PiB of central storage and growing), source control (Perforce Helix), issue tracking (Atlassian Jira), documentation and communications (Atlassian Confluence, MS Sharepoint Online, Slack, Zoom), continuous integration (TeamCity), and emerging presence on cloud platforms (AWS, Azure). We also support and manage licenses for a plethora of game development and content authoring tools, as well as game console devkit hardware.
We follow site reliability engineering (SRE) best practices and heavily employ templates, roles, and automation for most of the services that we manage. We do not aim for a homogeneous environment where one size fits all, but embrace diversity by choosing the right tools for each task.
The current developments in our industry and company strategic goals drive us towards utilizing more cloud services and distributing the IT architecture that we have previously built mostly in our datacenter based in our office building.
- Developing and administering our IT infrastructure together with the other System Administrators
- Responding to user requests and keeping track of task completion in a timely manner with Jira
- Planning the development roadmap of the IT services and infrastructure together with the other System Administrators
Requirements and qualifications
- Experience in administering at least some parts of the technologies we use
- Experience in automating administration tasks using scripting and/or orchestration software
- Good verbal and written communication and documentation skills in English
- A can do attitude and a rational/analytical/investigative mindset
The ideal candidate will also have
- Experience in managing cloud service platforms like MS Office Online / Azure / AWS
- Good understanding of software development processes
- Basic programming skills
- Experience with IT hardware, software and service vendor management
What is it in for you?
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable
- This position is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV and other information relevant to the position. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.