Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland
Programming – AI Programming
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for an AI Programmer for a key role working on Remedy’s projects.
If you want to work with state-of-the-art AI systems and help us take our tech to the next level, we are the right place for you. While working as an AI Programmer, you will be working with highly passionate team members to bring NPCs alive by extending Remedy’s new game AI technology.
This will involve working with both the core game AI technology and the game specific layer. You will be working with other AI programmers and designers using and extending behavior trees, spatial queries, navigation meshes and sensory systems.
- Take ownership of game AI systems and drive them to final quality
- Help designers to create and maintain behavior trees and environment queries using custom made tools
- Create and maintain workflows for game specific game AI features such as combat spawning and rule based group behaviors
- You are more than happy to mentor other members of the design team, helping them to improve and grow.
Requirements and qualifications
- At least one shipped title working in Game AI or Gameplay
- Strong background in C++
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Passion for playing and developing exceptional games
- Ability to collaborate and work with a range of disciplines from art to design
What is in it for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable.
- Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else.
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system.
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions.
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV and other information relevant to the position.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.