Lead AI Programmer
Espoo, Southern Finland
Programming – AI Programming
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for an Lead AI Programmer for a key role working on Remedy’s projects.
Remedy is working on two very different games as well as its own Northlight engine and tools technology, so if you want to work with state of the art AI systems and help us take our tech to the next level, we are the right place for you.
While working as a Lead AI Programmer, you will be working with highly passionate team members to bring NPCs alive by extending Remedy’s new game AI technology.
- Planning, managing, documenting and tracking project schedules and workflows
- Responsible of the overall game AI architecture and related workflows
- Create and maintain workflows for game specific game AI features such as combat spawning and rule based group behaviors
- At least one shipped title working in Game AI or Gameplay
- Team leading experience
- Ability to collaborate and work with a range of disciplines from art to design
- Holistic and pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Solid in C++
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Passion for playing and developing exceptional games
What is in it for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable.
- Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else.
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system.
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions.
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable.
If you are interested please apply now. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found. To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV and other information relevant to the position.