Senior Hard Surface Artist
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland /
Art – Hard Surface /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is looking for a Senior Hard Surface Artist for a key role working on Remedy’s projects.
As a Senior Hard Surface Artist, you’ll be part of a team creating high quality 3D hard surface assets that contribute to the overall game experience. You’ll be able to closely work together with other artists and designers and creatively participate in all steps of the project. From early concept to final product.
For this role we can case-by-case consider remote working outside of Finland.
- Create realistic 3D hard surface assets (weapons, vehicles etc.) that fit the over-all style of the project
- Work from concepts/references and expand them creatively
- Advise, review and provide feedback and guidance to external development on maintaining the quality and art style of assets
- Collaborate with other departments, eg. Rigging, Gameplay
- Provide accurate time estimations for tasks and meet production deadlines
- Mentor and review the work of more junior members of the team
Skills and experience needed to succeed in this role
- Demonstrated experience in Hard Surface Artist or similar roles on 1st or 3rd person AAA titles
- A portfolio that demonstrates an interest for mechanical devices and hard surface modelling
- Knowledge of 3Ds Max or equivalent software
- Excellent understanding of shape, composition and layout as well as a good technical understanding of game engines
- Good high poly modelling skills
- Experience with creating PBR materials
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English)
What is in it for you?
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable
- This position is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
To apply, please fill in the application form with your portfolio, CV (in English) and other information relevant to the position. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.