Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland /
Production – Production /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Development Director for a key role in the Control franchise.
We are looking for a seasoned Development Director to join one of our two projects, Condor or Control 2. For both projects, we are looking for a team player with excellent communication, project management, and organizational skills. That are passionate about enabling and leading the team to create the spectacular, narrative-driven games that Remedy is known for.
In this role, you will be part of the project's core leadership team and work closely with the Executive Producer. As the Development Director, you will drive the project management and the operational model of the project's lifecycle. You drive how the project gets organized and managed, in order to deliver the game in time, budget, and quality, within the given constraints of creative, technology, and business case.
We enthusiastically welcome diverse viewpoints and backgrounds. We at Remedy value and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and safe work environment for all our team members.
What you get to do
- Create effective and complete full-project strategies in collaboration with the project's core leadership team
- Establish project plans to deliver the game in time, budget and quality, in collaboration with the project's core leadership team and leads
- Break down the project scope into sub-projects with the project's Development Managers to facilitate the scheduling, resource planning and cost analysis
- Drive the project's operational model and team structure and keep a healthy team culture
- Define and monitor the production processes and actively seek for improvement to gain efficiency and better quality
- Ensure transparent and active communication towards the project's core leadership team, leads, and Development Managers, as well as the PMO department
- Drive the project risk and quality management processes
What you bring to the role
- Several years of experience as an AAA Development Director/Lead Producer with at least 1 AAA project shipped in a production leadership position
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- High motivation and capacity to learn new skills, use new tools, and meet new people
- You thrive working in a team environment, sharing ideas, and learning from others. You are used to collaborating with colleagues across different departments, and you are excellent in communication and able to present your ideas in a clear and coherent way. As a team member, you are dedicated to contributing towards a friendly and inclusive work environment
- You can also work independently, being organized and able to document your work
What is in it for you
- At Remedy you get to work on awesome, memorable gaming experiences for our players, in a studio where your input is valued and your creative freedom is encouraged.
- We work in an environment that values both individual and teamwork, ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard & workload stays sensible. We believe in and support work-life balance. Happy people work better!
- We offer an extensive set of employee benefits and an annual bonus system as well as opportunities for you to develop your skills further. On top of this, in Finland and Sweden you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation, in addition to public holidays and other special occasions.
- This role is based in Remedy’s Espoo studio in the Helsinki metropolitan area of Finland. A safe country with exceptional quality of life, free education and pristine nature at your doorstep. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else!
- Our studio is embracing a hybrid work model that gives you the flexibility to work from home and have valuable face-to-face time with your colleagues.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV (in English), and other information relevant to the position. This position will be filled as soon as suitable applicants are found.