Senior Development Manager (Gameplay)
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland /
Production – Production /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is looking for a Senior Development Manager for a key role working on Remedy's projects.
As a Senior Development Manager for Gameplay feature teams, you'll take part in all phases of our high-quality, ambitious game projects and thus get to participate in building Remedy's future success. If you are a great team player with excellent project management and communication skills and passionate about supporting our game teams, you might be the person we are looking for!
- Lead the gameplay feature team running them through their project life cycle stages
- Be accountable and drive the gameplay roadmap, quality gates and pipelines
- Plan and consistently deliver against project schedules, identify production risks or constraints, and troubleshoot dependency problems
- Plan and prioritize tasks that are clearly communicated to the gameplay teams
- Facilitate communication between the project teams, leads and other producers
- Actively optimize and improve work methods and best practices to drive team efficiency
- Stay aware of industry standards, both in terms of methodology and quality, and help team members stay on par or ahead of them when necessary
Requirements and qualifications
- 3+ years of experience as a Senior Development Manager or Senior Producer with at least 1 game project shipped in a production related position
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude with a team-oriented mindset
- High motivation and capacity to learn new skills, use new tools and meet new people
- Knowledge of production management software tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English)
The ideal candidate will also have
- Background in programming or working with gameplay feature teams
- Experience with game engines (eg. Unreal, Unity, CryEngine)
What is in it for you?
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable
- This position is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV and other information relevant to the position. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.