Technical Audio Designer
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland /
Design – Audio Design /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Technical Audio Designer to create high quality gaming experiences for the next generation of games.
Are you passionate about creating memorable gaming experiences through a well-balanced mix of compelling narrative and intense action?
As Technical Audio Designer at Remedy you will be responsible of ensuring that the audio fidelity, integration and audio pipeline are of the highest possible standard and serve the game vision.
Role and Responsibilities
- In this role you will be working with the project audio team on integrating audio and audio systems for our games.
- Along with the audio team, you will also work together with other cross-functional teams on designing and implementing features, from the conception of a project to ensuring the technical integrity of the shipping titles.
- You will closely collaborate with other disciplines like level design, game design, VFX, animation, programming, to create an emotional and high-quality experience for the players.
Requirements and qualifications
- You are experienced working with game engines and level editors like Unity, Unreal, CryEngine or internal editors, and you are familiar with software development processes.
- You’re skilled using high-level programming languages (Python, Lua, C#, etc.) and experienced with Middleware such as Wwise, FMOD, Elias.
- You are used to work with modern DAWs and sound editors such as Reaper and RX. As a designer, you worked already with audio programming languages like Pure Data, Max MSP, Reaktor, SuperCollider, etc.
- You thrive working in a team environment, sharing ideas and learning from others. You are used to collaborate with other development teams across different departments and you are able to communicate and present your ideas in a clear and coherent way.
- You can also work independently, being organized and able to document your work.
What is in it for you?
- You get to work on awesome, unique videogames that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the workload sensible, so your contributions feel valuable
- This position is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV (English), work references/portfolio and other information relevant to the position. This position will be filled as soon as suitable applicants are found.