Espoo, Finland or Stockholm, Sweden /
Production – Production /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne® and Alan Wake®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is looking for a Localization Manager for a key role in our organization.
We are looking for a studio-wide Localization Manager to own and drive the development of our localization processes and pipeline across projects and teams on all future Remedy games. You are a team player with excellent project management, organizational and facilitation skills.
We are offering you a unique opportunity to play an important part in working with our upcoming titles and ensuring they reach a global audience while building a sustainable and reliable localization pipeline across the studio.
What you get to do
- In this role you will lead and manage the localization process and project plans for the studio to serve all projects, building the right skills and capacity
- Plan and consistently deliver against project schedules, identify production risks or constraints, and troubleshoot dependency problems
- Set studio-wide standards and guidelines for localization practices, pipelines and tools upholding the localization quality across projects
- Actively collaborate and coordinate with different external and internal stakeholders (eg. Narrative, xDev, Production, Northlight)
- Handle wide range of day-to-day localization tasks from managing VO recordings, arranging content deliveries to external partners, integrating deliveries from partners to triaging localization bugs and more.
- Stay aware of industry standards, both in terms of methodology and quality, and help team members stay on par or ahead of them when necessary
What you bring to the role
- You have demonstrable previous work experience as a Localization Manager or from a similar project management role working on console/PC titles
- You have excellent project management skills with strong understanding of project management methodologies
- Proficiency with localization tools and pipelines, automation etc. are part of your skillset
- You are self-motivated and proactive with a dedication to improving your craft
- You thrive working in a team environment, sharing ideas and learning from others. You are used to collaborating with colleagues across different departments and you are able to communicate and present your ideas in a clear way. As a team member you are dedicated contributing towards a friendly and inclusive work environment
- Additionally, fluency in different languages and audio editing experience are beneficial in this role
What is in it for you?
- At Remedy you get to work on awesome, memorable gaming experiences for our players, in a studio where your input is valued and your creative freedom is encouraged.
- We work in an environment that values both individual and teamwork, ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard & workload stays sensible. We believe in and support work-life balance. Happy people work better!
- We offer an extensive set of employee benefits and an annual bonus system as well as opportunities for you to develop your skills further. On top of this, in Finland and Sweden you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation, in addition to public holidays and other special occasions.
- Our studio is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, a safe country with exceptional quality of life, free education and pristine nature at your doorstep. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else!
- If you are based in Sweden, we also welcome candidates to our new location in Stockholm.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV or LinkedIn (in English) and other information relevant to the position.