(Senior) Animation Programmer
Espoo, Finland or Stockholm, Sweden /
Programming – Animation Programming /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a (Senior) Animation Programmer to create high quality gaming experiences for the next generation of games.
As our (Senior) Animation Programmer, you’ll be part of a cross-disciplinary team of artists and animators prototyping and implementing new characters, enemies, and animation systems, as well as improving our in-house animation tools, technologies and workflows.
What you bring to the role
- You’ve worked as an animation programmer in game projects in the past
- You are familiar with node-based animation systems, animation blending techniques, IK systems and overall character movement
- You understand how animations best work with other systems like AI
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- You are very comfortable with C++
- Skills in physics, familiarity with Morpheme or Havok Behavior or Mecanim and experience with Motion Matching are seen as a plus
What is in it for you?
- At Remedy you get to work on awesome, memorable gaming experiences for our players, in a studio where your input is valued and your creative freedom is encouraged.
- We work in an environment that values both individual and teamwork, ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard & workload stays sensible. We believe in and support work-life balance. Happy people work better!
- We offer an extensive set of employee benefits and an annual bonus system as well as opportunities for you to develop your skills further. On top of this, in Finland and Sweden you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation, in addition to public holidays and other special occasions.
- Our studio is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, a safe country with exceptional quality of life, free education and pristine nature at your doorstep. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else!
- If you are based in Sweden, we also welcome candidates to our new location in Stockholm.
- Our studio is embracing hybrid work model that gives you the flexibility to work from home and have valuable face-to-face time with your colleagues.
We enthusiastically welcome diverse viewpoints and backgrounds. We at Remedy value and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and safe work environment for all our team members.
For this role we can case-by-case consider remote working within Europe.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV (in English) and other information relevant to the position. This position will be filled as soon as suitable applicants are found.