(Senior) Animation Programmer
Espoo, Finland or Stockholm, Sweden
Programming – Animation Programming /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a (Senior) Animation Programmer to create high quality gaming experiences for the next generation of games.
As a (Senior) Animation Programmer, you’ll be working with highly passionate team members to make characters move believably through the worlds that we create by extending Remedy’s animation systems. This will involve working with both the core engine animation systems and game specific animation systems. You will be working in a cross-disciplinary team including other programmers, animators, and artists, to maintain and extend our in-house animation tools, technologies, and workflows.
We enthusiastically welcome diverse viewpoints and backgrounds. We at Remedy value and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and safe work environment for all our team members.
What you get to do
- Take ownership of animation systems and drive them to final quality
- Create, maintain and improve animation features, pipelines and workflows such as animation graph tools, animation markup tools, motion matching and IK.
- Support Animators on different game teams with debugging and creating features such as locomotion on uneven terrain, different IK solutions, creating new characters and enemies
What you bring to the role
- You have experience as an Animation Programmer in game projects
- You are familiar with node-based animation systems, animation blending techniques, IK systems and overall character movement
- You understand how animations best work with other systems like AI
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- You are very comfortable with C++
- Skills in physics, familiarity with Morpheme or Havok Behavior or Mecanim and experience with Motion Matching are seen as a plus
- You thrive working in a team environment, sharing ideas and learning from others. You are used to collaborating with colleagues across different departments and you are able to communicate and present your ideas in a clear and coherent way. As a team member you are dedicated contributing towards a friendly and inclusive work environment
- You can also work independently, being organized and able to document your work.
What is in it for you
- At Remedy you get to work on awesome, memorable gaming experiences for our players, in a studio where your input is valued and your creative freedom is encouraged.
- We work in an environment that values both individual and teamwork, ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard & workload stays sensible. We believe in and support work-life balance. Happy people work better!
- We offer an extensive set of employee benefits and an annual bonus system as well as opportunities for you to develop your skills further. On top of this, in Finland and Sweden you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation, in addition to public holidays and other special occasions.
- We have two offices, one in Finland, in the Helsinki metropolitan area, and one in Stockholm, Sweden. Both locations are well known for their exceptional quality of life, free education and pristine nature at your doorstep.
- If you are not already in Finland or Sweden, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we take care of everything else.
- Our studio is embracing a hybrid work model that gives you the flexibility to work from home and have valuable face-to-face time with your colleagues.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV (in English) and other information relevant to the position. This position will be filled as soon as suitable applicants are found.