Senior Character Artist
Espoo, Finland or Stockholm, Sweden /
Art – Character Art /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is now looking for a Senior Character Artist for a key role working on the Control franchise.
Are you passionate about games and creating great looking believable characters? Do you also have the talent and skills to get them done? Great, because we share that passion, and would love to hear from you. We are looking for a skilled artist with a strong understanding of sculpting as well as hard surface modeling, UV layouts and materials. We hope you’re able to work with concept art, scan data and play a major part in creating the characters in the core of our experience.
We enthusiastically welcome diverse viewpoints and backgrounds. We at Remedy value and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and safe work environment for all our team members. Join us working on the future of Control franchise!
What you get to do
- Create and implement high quality character assets
- Collaborate with other departments, eg. Rigging, Character Tech
- Advise, review and provide feedback and guidance to external development on maintaining the quality and art style of assets
- Provide accurate time estimations for tasks and meet production deadlines
- Mentor and review the work of more junior members of the team
What you bring to the role
- You have demonstrable previous work experience as Senior Character Artist roles on 1st or 3rd person titles
- A portfolio showcasing your skills in creating realistic characters
- Excellent understanding of form, shape, structure, and anatomy
- Proficient knowledge of Max, Maya, Blender or Modo, MudBox / ZBrush, and Photoshop
- You are self-motivated and proactive with a dedication to improving your craft
- You thrive working in a team environment, sharing ideas and learning from others. You are used to collaborating with colleagues across different departments and you are able to communicate and present your ideas in a clear way. As a team member you are dedicated contributing towards a friendly and inclusive work environment
- You can also work independently, being organized and able to document your work
- Additionally, experience in Substance designer, Substance Painter and Marvelous Designer and previous work experience with photogrammetry is beneficial in this role
What is in it for you?
- At Remedy you get to work on awesome, memorable gaming experiences for our players, in a studio where your input is valued and your creative freedom is encouraged.
- We work in an environment that values both individual and teamwork, ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard & workload stays sensible. We believe in and support work-life balance. Happy people work better!
- We offer an extensive set of employee benefits and an annual bonus system as well as opportunities for you to develop your skills further. On top of this, in Finland and Sweden you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation, in addition to public holidays and other special occasions.
- Our studio is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, a safe country with exceptional quality of life, free education and pristine nature at your doorstep. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else!
- If you are based in Sweden, we also welcome candidates to our new location in Stockholm.
- Our studio is embracing hybrid work model that gives you the flexibility to work from home and have valuable face-to-face time with your colleagues.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your portfolio, CV (in English) and other information relevant to the position. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.