Senior UX Designer (Vanguard)
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland /
Design – UX Design /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is looking for a Senior UX Designer for a key role working on a new F2P/GaaS project. For this role we can consider remote working outside of Finland case by case.
Do you enjoy creating memorable gaming experiences? Do you like the idea of working for a live multiplayer environment, designing fluid and consistent user experiences?
Join our new team Vanguard at Remedy Entertainment as a Senior UX Designer and you will have the chance to create something completely new, while having the support of a solid and experienced team.
You will also work on establishing company-wide UX practices and methodologies, working in collaboration with multiple teams and crafts.
Role and responsibilities:
- You are a person with extensive experience in UX Design and a strong portfolio to showcase it. You are proactive and systematic in your ways of working, with effective communication skills. You have experience working with games and/or a strong passion for gaming!
- You will collaborate with our Game Designers to work on game features and controls, to create user friendly player experiences, coming up with simple solutions to complex design problems and usability issues.
- You are proficient with design tools like Sketch, Axure or Balsamiq. You are able to create functional prototypes to iterate designs and design flows and layouts for the game’s user interface.
- You’ll work closely with the UI Developers to implement design ideas into the games and with the User Researchers to identify areas of improvement.
- You can communicate designs effectively through the use of wireframes, mockups and prototypes.
It's a plus if you also have
- Interest towards cognitive science and human behaviour
- Interest or background in visual design
What is in it for you?
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable
- This position is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV (in English), portfolio and other information relevant to the position. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.