Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland /
Production – Production /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Development Director for a key role working on the Control franchise.
We are looking for a seasoned Development Director; a team player with excellent project management, organizational and communication skills, someone who is passionate about leading a group of experts at Remedy working on the future of Control franchise.
Being accountable to the Executive Producer and being part of the project's core leadership team, the Development Director owns and drives the project management and the operational model of the project. You direct how the project gets organized and managed, in order to deliver the game in time, budget, and quality, within the given constraints of creative, technology, and business case.
You get to join an amazing studio, that is known for its spectacular, narrative driven games and to work with our extremely talented teams in a spirit of collaboration, trust and fun.
- Partner with project's leadership team to create effective and complete full-project strategies
- Establish project plans together with the project's leadership team and project leads to deliver the game in time, budget and quality
- Define the project scope with the project's leadership team
- Break down the project scope into sub-projects with the development managers to facilitate the scheduling, resource planning and cost analysis
- Own and drive the project's operational model and team structure
- Define and monitor the production processes and actively seek for improvement to gain efficiency and better quality
- Build and maintain a highly performing team that is capable of delivering against the agreed objectives
- Establish and maintain a healthy and motivating team culture and create trust within the team
- Ensure a transparent and active communication towards the project's core management, leads and development managers, as well as the PMO
- Own and drive the project risk and impediments management process
- Create and drive a quality management plan on how to deliver against quality objectives
Skills and experience needed to succeed in this role
- Several years of experience as an AAA Development Director/Lead Producer with at least 1 AAA project shipped in a production leadership position
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude with a team-oriented mindset
- High motivation and capacity to learn new skills, use new tools and meet new people
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Knowledge of game production management software
What is in it for you?
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable.
- This position is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else.
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system.
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your LinkedIn/CV and other information relevant to the position.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.