Senior Software Test Engineer
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland /
Other – QA /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is looking for a Senior Software Test Engineer for an essential role in our organization.
As a Senior Software Test Engineer, you will be a part of our Northlight engine team, responsible for testing our game development tools and engine, developing our test plans, and ensuring that we deliver top-notch quality.
In this role, you will collaborate closely with the development teams, investigating software failures, tracking test results, and proactively spotting and understanding the pain points in each phase of our development cycle.
We enthusiastically welcome diverse viewpoints and backgrounds. We at Remedy value and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and safe work environment for all our team members.
What you get to do
- Ensure the quality of our game development tools and engine features by creating and adapting test plans based on the latest information and analysis available
- Executing planned tests and performing exploratory testing
- Work on a wide range of day-to-day tasks, from developing testing processes and ensuring efficient test reporting to troubleshooting technical issues
- Actively collaborate and coordinate with different external and internal development teams
- Stay aware of industry standards, both in terms of methodology and quality, and help team members stay on par or ahead of them when necessary
What you bring to the role
- You have demonstrable previous work experience as a Senior Software Test Engineer or from a similar role with an extensive background in software testing and working with complex systems
- You have expert-level knowledge and experience in bug tracking and test management systems
- Prior experience with game engines (Unreal, Unity) and automated testing is beneficial
- Programming experience and scripting skills are an advantage
- You are proactive and initiative-taking, with a dedication to improving your craft
- You have a holistic and pragmatic approach to problem-solving
- You thrive working in a team environment, sharing ideas, and learning from others. You are used to collaborating with colleagues across different departments, and you can communicate and present your ideas in a clear way. As a team member, you are dedicated to contributing towards a friendly and inclusive work environment
What is in it for you?
- At Remedy you get to work on awesome, memorable gaming experiences for our players, in a studio where your input is valued, and your creative freedom is encouraged.
- We work in an environment that values both individual and teamwork, ensuring everyone’s voice gets heard & workload stays sensible. We believe in and support work-life balance. Happy people work better!
- We offer an extensive set of employee benefits and an annual bonus system, as well as opportunities for you to develop your skills further. On top of this, in Finland and Sweden you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation, in addition to public holidays and other special occasions.
- Our studio is based in the Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, a safe country with exceptional quality of life, free education, and pristine nature at your doorstep. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else!
- Our studio is embracing hybrid work model that gives you the flexibility to work from home and have valuable face-to-face time with your colleagues.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV (in English) and other information relevant to the position. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.