Espoo, Finland or Stockholm, Sweden /
Animation – Rigging Art /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is looking for a Rigging Artist for a new exciting multiplayer game.
As a Rigging Artist you will be part of Remedy's experienced character technology team. We believe rigs are software and should be developed as such. We are looking for someone who wants to grow not only their own skills but also of those around them. Together we'll pave the way towards packaged, portable, maintainable and reusable rigs and rig components across 3D digital content creation (DCC) packages.
Join our Vanguard team as Rigging Artist and you will have the chance to create something completely new, while having the support of a solid and experienced team.
What you get to do
- In this role you will author and maintain advanced modular rig components for DCCs and game engines working together with Gameplay Designers and Animators to gather rig requirements
- As a Rigging Artist you work closely together with Character Artists to establish optimal mesh topology and with our programmers to ensure optimal runtime performance across platforms
- Actively communicate with different departments and provide accurate time estimations for your work to ensure rigs and features are properly scoped and delivered on time
- Collaborate with colleagues to extend the rigging framework with new functionality
- Ensure that all documentation related to rigging is up to date and available for both internal and external team members
What you bring to the role
- You have demonstrable previous work experience as a Rigging Artist or in equivalent role from games/VFX/feature film
- You have expert level understanding and knowledge Unreal Engine and in particular chaos physics, control rig and animation related features
- You are familiar working with physics simulation frameworks such as Bullet, PhysX, Havok or Chaos and have experience with various DCCs (Maya/MotionBuilder/Houdini)
- You have good understanding of the math underlying rigging and you are proficient in OOP and at least Python
- Learning new programs and tool chains comes easy to you
- You thrive working in a team environment, sharing ideas and learning from others. You are used to collaborating with colleagues across different departments and you are able to communicate and present your ideas in a clear way. As a team member you are dedicated contributing towards a friendly and inclusive work environment
- Additionally, experience with runtime rigging in games and knowledge with good software engineering practices such as TDD and CI/CD are beneficial in this role
What is in it for you?
- At Remedy you get to work on awesome, memorable gaming experiences for our players, in a studio where your input is valued and your creative freedom is encouraged.
- We work in an environment that values both individual and teamwork, ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard & workload stays sensible. We believe in and support work-life balance. Happy people work better!
- We offer an extensive set of employee benefits and an annual bonus system as well as opportunities for you to develop your skills further. On top of this, in Finland and Sweden you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation, in addition to public holidays and other special occasions.
- Our studio is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, a safe country with exceptional quality of life, free education and pristine nature at your doorstep. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else!
- If you are based in Sweden, we also welcome candidates to our new location in Stockholm.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your reel, CV/LinkedIn (in English) and other information relevant to the position. Please note that for us to be able to evaluate your application, a link to your reel needs to be included in the application.