Senior Rigging Artist
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland
Animation – Rigging Art
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is looking for a Senior Rigging Artist for a key role working on Remedy’s projects.
As a Senior Rigging Artist you will be part of Remedy's experienced character technology team. We believe rigs are software and should be developed as such. We are looking for someone who wants to grow not only their own skills but also of those around them. Together we'll pave the way towards packaged, portable, maintainable and reusable rigs and rig components across 3D digital content creation (DCC) packages.
- Work with Gameplay Designers and Animators to gather rig requirements
- Author and maintain advanced modular character, creature, vehicle and prop rig components
- Work with Character Artists to establish optimal mesh topology
- Work with Technical Artists to extend the rigging framework with new functionality
- Work with Programmers to ensure optimal runtime performance across platforms
- Work with Producers to ensure rigs and features are properly scoped and delivered on time
- Mentor other Rigging Artists
- Ensure that all documentation pertaining to rigging is up to date and available to both internal and external partners
Requirements and qualifications
- Ability to learn new things quickly
- Clear verbal and written communication in English.
- 4+ years of experience in either games of VFX working with advanced modular rigging
- Good understanding of the math underlying rigging
- Proficient in OOP and at least Python
- Experience with of various DCCs (Maya/MotionBuilder/Houdini)
- Experience with physics simulation frameworks such as PhysX or Havok
- Good understanding of human, quadrupedal and bird anatomy and kinematics
The ideal candidate will also have
- Experience with runtime rigging in games
- Experience with good software engineering practices such as TDD and CI/CD
- Experience creating native DCC plugins in C++
What is in it for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable
- Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable
To apply, please fill in the application form with your reel, CV and other information relevant to the position. Please note that for us to be able to evaluate your application, your reel (or link to one) needs to be attached to the application. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.