AI Programmer (Vanguard)
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland /
Programming – AI Programming /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is looking for an AI Programmer for an exciting new online multiplayer game.
You will be working closely with AI Designers using and extending Unreal’s behavior trees, spatial queries, navigation meshes and sensory systems. Ideally, you have worked in AI Programmer roles over one or more full life cycles of designing, building, releasing, and operating an online game as a service (GaaS).
- Take ownership of game AI systems and drive them through the life cycle of the game
- Help designers to create and maintain behavior trees, environment queries and enemy abilities
- Work together with the Gameplay team to develop bots for testing and gameplay purposes
- Create and maintain workflows for game specific game AI features such as combat spawning and rule based group behaviors
- You are more than happy to mentor other members of the gameplay and design team, helping them to improve and grow
- Prepare and deliver systems able to grow and scale in a Game as a Service online multiplayer environment.
- Contribute to improving the AI technical roadmap for current and future projects at Remedy.
Requirements and qualifications
- Demonstrated experience as a Senior AI Programmer or Senior Gameplay Programmer on AI systems for 1st person/3rd person action games
- Strong background in C++
- In depth knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 development tools for AI (Behaviour Trees, Tasks, EQS)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English)
- Self-motivated and proactive with a dedication to improving your craft and making the best games possible
- Ability to collaborate and work with a range of disciplines from art to design
The ideal candidate will also have
- Passion for creating compelling player experiences
- AI Design experience
- Interest and understanding of F2P/GaaS: you are an avid player of F2P/Gaas games
- Experience working with Agile development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban etc.)
What is in it for you?
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable
- This position is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV and other information relevant to the position.