Project Controller (PMO)
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland /
Production – Production /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Project Controller to join our PMO team.
As a Project Controller, you will join the Remedy Project Management Office (PMO) and take responsibility for facilitating and delivering supporting activities within the Remedy PMO, including resources, communications, collaboration, data collection and analysis.
At Remedy, the PMO team establishes oversight on key performance indicators and project milestones. The team monitors and controls our projects against the agreed objectives and coordinates any required corrective measures. The team also develops Remedy's project management competence by training and mentoring, and providing the necessary processes and the right project management tools for production use. By facilitating studio’s talent allocation process, the PMO team helps teams find the right talent at the right time, mitigate potential conflicts, and ensure that all of our studio talent is allocated with meaningful work. Ultimately, the team aims to ensure information flows between all stakeholders in the studio, and that required portfolio level actions take place.
- Maintain portfolio staffing plans and organise talent allocation planning activities
- Support PMO in delivering various improvement projects, including assessing impact and value to ensure continuous improvement.
- Monitor and compare planned objectives, requirements, risks, schedules and budgets against what is actually being delivered
- Maintain our central repository for portfolio risks, issues, assumptions, dependencies, and change control, and drive required actions
- Create reference documentation used to manage the PMO function and support preparation of relevant documentation (including workflows, development plans, and process documentation)
- Support PMO in building and maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders, and facilitate stakeholder communication.
- Develop and maintain a portfolio level roadmap that influences project activities
- Organise and minute meetings and chase up progress with actions
- Act on occasion as a workstream manager or an Associate Project Manager on small workstreams / projects, taking responsibility for predefined tasks
Requirements and qualifications
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, with demonstrable experience of working under pressure to tight deadlines and managing a high workload with conflicting priorities
- Approachable demeanor with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and manage a range of relationships in a complex environment
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and listening): an ability to present information accurately and concisely
Ideal candidate will also have
- Project management qualifications or demonstrable career development activities
What is in it for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable
- Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV and other information relevant to the position. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.