Professional/Senior Economy Designer, Control
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland /
Design – Gameplay Design /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is looking for a talented Senior Gameplay Designer (Economy) for a key role working on the Control franchise.
Would you like to be the feature owner for player progression and economy and contribute significantly to the hour-to-hour game loop of Control 2?
In this role, you will have a lot of autonomy and creative control over every aspect of the game’s economy/RPG systems. At the same time, you will have the support of a solid and experienced team.
We enthusiastically welcome diverse viewpoints and backgrounds. We at Remedy value and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and safe work environment for all our team members.
What you get to do:
- You’ll get to design and maintain RPG and economy systems. You will be balancing the game economy, assigning rewards, loot drops, and player upgrades.
- You will work with the Lead Gameplay Designer and Game Director to adhere to the vision for the game's RPG elements.
- Alongside the gameplay programmers, you will implement RPG systems and elements into the game.
- In collaboration with the level design team, you will make sure activities are hooked up to the reward systems of the economy.
- You will also work closely with the UI team to iterate over the visual representation of the game's RPG systems
- You will be evangelizing the RPG part of the action/RPG experience to the rest of the team and company
What you bring to the role:
- You have a good understanding of rational game design principles and can clearly and concisely articulate design problems and decisions.
- You can drive meta game features from concept to release, you are experienced with economy/RPG systems and have shipped one or more titles in a similar role.
- Your technical capabilities allow you to understand complex concepts and create first-pass technical implementations of features yourself in the engine or in external tools.
- You are an expert user of Microsoft Excel and can build complex mathematical models and generators using this software.
- You can give and take constructive feedback while interacting with leads, publishers and other team members, using it to improve the product.
What is in it for you?
- At Remedy you get to work on awesome, memorable game experiences for our players, in a studio where your input is valued and your creative freedom is encouraged.
- We work in an environment that values both individual and team-work, ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard & workload stays sensible. We believe in and support work-life balance. Happy people work better!
- We offer an extensive set of employee benefits and an annual bonus system as well as opportunities for you to develop your skills further. On top of this, in Finland and Sweden you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation, in addition to public holidays and other special occasions.
- Our studio is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, a safe country, with exceptional quality of life, free education and pristine nature at your doorstep. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else!
- Please note that this role is based in Finland
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV (English), work references/portfolio and other information relevant to the position. This position will be filled as soon as suitable applicants are found.