Lead Gameplay Designer - hybrid or remote
Espoo, Finland or Stockholm, Sweden /
Design – Gameplay Design /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is now looking for a Lead Gameplay Designer (F2P/GaaS) for a new exciting multiplayer game.
Do you enjoy creating new and unique gaming experiences from the ground up? Do you like the idea of working on fundamental systems, core mechanics and bringing the player fantasy to life?
Join the Vanguard team as a Lead Gameplay Designer and take ownership of multiple gameplay system, driving them from concept to final implementation.
Vanguard is a is a free-to-play, co-operative PvE shooter that combines Remedy’s narrative expertise and action gameplay into an immersive multiplayer experience. The game is developed with Unreal Engine for PC and console platforms.
At Remedy Entertainment, we value diversity and are committed to creating a safe and inclusive workplace for all team members. If you're ready to take on this exciting challenge and make a significant contribution to the Vanguard project, keep scrolling!
What you get to do:
- In this role you will coordinate the design team together with the Game Director. You will translate high level goals and intentions into tangible mechanics.
- You will plan your work to ensure your features are delivered on time and to an exceptional level of quality. You will mentor and review the work of other less experienced team members.
- You will review and feedback on the work of other designers and ensure the delivered work is within the agreed frame and level of quality.
- You will collaborate with other content disciplines to ensure your features have the various feedback systems required to make in-game cause and effect clear to players.
- You will Design, prototype and script core gameplay features with the support and direction of the Game Director.
What you bring to the role:
- You are an expert Lead Gameplay Designer, with a background developing shooter games and a passion for creating engaging and immersive gameplay experiences.
- You have experience with game development and a deep understanding of creating shooter gameplay from the ground up, not relying on an existing core gameplay.
- You can give and take constructive feedback while interacting with leads, directors and other team members, using it to improve the product.
- You previously worked with Agile development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- You enjoy working in a friendly team environment, you are dedicated to improve your craft and make the best game possible.
What is in it for you?
- At Remedy you get to work on awesome, memorable game experiences for our players, in a studio where your input is valued and your creative freedom is encouraged.
- We work in an environment that values both individual and team-work, ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard & workload stays sensible. We believe in and support work-life balance. Happy people work better!
- We offer an extensive set of employee benefits and an annual bonus system as well as opportunities for you to develop your skills further. On top of this, in Finland and Sweden you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation, in addition to public holidays and other special occasions.
- Our studio is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, a safe country, with exceptional quality of life, free education and pristine nature at your doorstep. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else!
- If you are based in Sweden, we also welcome candidates to our new location in Stockholm.
- This role is open to remote candidates within the EU
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV (English), work references/portfolio and other information relevant to the position. This position will be filled as soon as suitable applicants are found.