Game Engine Support Engineer
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland
Other – Northlight Support /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a
Game Engine Support Engineer to create high quality gaming experiences for the next generation of games.
The Northlight Engine is at the heart of the games Remedy makes. As a Game Engine Support Engineer, you will be working closely with both our content teams and our engine teams to diagnose and solve issues with the engine. Your work will help ensure our teams remain productive and can focus on building the best games they can.
In your daily work, you will dive into content creation workflows, analyze crash dumps and logs, review changelists to identify potential sources of newly reported errors, debug the engine code and find workarounds for users. You will do everything you can to clarify support requests and discover the root causes behind reported issues, independently reaching out to users for more details or debugging various parts of the engine, game projects, and associated tools. You'll also work to provide users with guidance on engine settings and where to find relevant documentation – and contribute to improving that documentation when needed. As your experience with the engine grows, we hope you will start implementing and deploying fixes to simple code errors owned by specific engine teams.
We enthusiastically welcome diverse viewpoints and backgrounds. We at Remedy value and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and safe work environment for all our team members.
What you get to do
- Triage newly reported issues and validate their priority
- Investigate root causes of reported bugs
- Maintain bug backlog by closing duplicate reports and maintaining versioning details
- Work with users to ensure bugs have sufficient information and answer user questions
- Proactively communicate to engine and content teams about newly discovered, serious issues
- Assign bugs to appropriate development teams
- Discover ways to mitigate or work around reported issues
- Create and update knowledge base documentation
What you bring to the role
- You have worked in software development or similar support role
- You have prior experience with debugging code
- You have the ability to read and understand stack traces and memory dumps
- You are used to working with C++ or C#
- You thrive working in a team environment, sharing ideas and learning from others. You are used to collaborating with colleagues across different departments and you are able to communicate and present your ideas in a clear and coherent way. As a team member you are dedicated contributing towards a friendly and inclusive work environment
- You can also work independently, being organized and able to document your work.
What is in it for you
- At Remedy you get to work on awesome, memorable gaming experiences for our players, in a studio where your input is valued and your creative freedom is encouraged.
- We work in an environment that values both individual and teamwork, ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard & workload stays sensible. We believe in and support work-life balance. Happy people work better!
- We offer an extensive set of employee benefits and an annual bonus system as well as opportunities for you to develop your skills further. On top of this, in Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation, in addition to public holidays and other special occasions.
- Our studio is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, a safe country with exceptional quality of life, free education and pristine nature at your doorstep. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else!
- Our studio is embracing a hybrid work model that gives you the flexibility to work from home and have valuable face-to-face time with your colleagues.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV (in English), work references and other information relevant to the position. This position will be filled as soon as suitable applicants are found.