Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland /
Production – Outsourcing /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is looking for an Outsourcing Manager for a key role working on Remedy’s projects.
As a full-time Outsourcing Manager, you will join Remedy’s external development team and work closely with the Lead Xdev Producer, projects leads and producers to simultaneously plan and improve the efficiency of art asset production for our game projects. You will be responsible for reducing waste in art asset production, while improving our quality standards by developing and implementing new pipelines and processes for art asset creation. You will also provide guidance and support with these to both our internal environment art teams and external partners.
- Setup production-ready processes and proactively identify improvement areas with our external art development and integration pipelines.
- Assist project leads and producers with the elaboration of achievable and efficient outsourcing plans.
- Create documentation and specifications for the vendors with the help of our lead artists and Lead Xdev Producer
- Introduce, train and coach both internal co-workers and external partners on Remedy’s development pipelines, tools and artistic requirements.
- Support game teams with the identification of production risks or constraints related to visual assets, and troubleshoot dependency problems.
- Facilitate communication between external content creators and project stakeholders.
- Help maintain and improve the quality of Remedy’s games by evaluating assets in context and providing relevant feedback.
- Keep aware of industry standards, both in terms of methodology and quality, and help both internal and external co-workers to stay on par with them.
Requirements and qualifications
- 4+ years of experience as an Outsource Manager or Senior Outsource Artist
- Previous experience with external content production and asset management
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Positive attitude with a team-oriented mindset
- High motivation and capacity to learn new skills, use new tools and meet new people
- Knowledge of 3ds Max, Maya or equivalent software
- Knowledge of production management software such as Hansoft, MS Project or Jira
What is in it for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable
- Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV and other information relevant to the position. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.