Service Manager (PMO)
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland /
Production – Production /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake®, and Death Rally® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Service Manager to support our teams in creating exceptional gaming experiences for the next generation of Remedy games.
Remedy PMO establishes oversight on project key metrics, and monitors and controls our projects against the agreed objectives. We develop Remedy's project management competence by training and mentoring and providing the necessary processes and the right project management tools. We're constantly developing our ways of working to provide better value for our internal customers. It is our responsibility to make sure that all processes related to a project's lifecycle are carried out in the most efficient and effective manner while simultaneously upholding a given set of standards.
As the Service Manager within our PMO, you will help us ensure our Project Management tools support this vision. While our IT manages the infrastructure, you will help us define how PM tools are best used while managing related tool and pipeline development roadmaps. Our choice of project management tools are used studio-wide in content production, software development, and project management, having hundreds of end-users, both internal and external. To succeed in this role requires seeking an in-depth understanding of the needs of the users and the tools involved. In addition to managing the service, you're expected to be able to set up and configure different solutions as needed.
The current tool portfolio includes applications such as Autodesk Shotgrid, Atlassian Jira, Miro, and others which optimally are all custom pipelined into our digital content creation tools (DCCs) of choice.
What you get to do
- You're the single-point of contact in Remedy's Project Management tool support, maintenance, and development.
- Manage requirements, development roadmaps, and projects for our project management tools and related pipelines.
- Manage and strive for optimal implementations of pipelines, workflows, and configurations of all project management tools.
- Create, own, and maintain guidelines and requirements for new tool evaluations. With the support of PMO, manage these evaluation projects making sure they fulfill the expectations.
- Ensure every tool in our portfolio has effective ownership, end-user support, and helpful documentation.
- Analyze active game projects, their tool use, and needs to determine potential areas of improvement.
- Effectively leverage external resourcing when special skills or scaling are needed.
- Support the PMO function within its agreed mandate and close alignment with the PMO and Studio leadership.
What you bring to the role
- First and foremost, you have the ability to listen intently and interpret engineer, artist, IT, and project management needs.
- You understand the fundamentals of software project management and have several years of experience in administrating and operating project planning and management software in a business environment (thorough Jira administrative experience is a big plus.)
- You have a solid understanding of general IT architectures and have previously managed or led application integration projects in an enterprise environment.
- Your technical background is good enough for discussions around Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and various scripting languages.
- You have a customer-oriented mindset and the will and ability to build relationships with cross-functional stakeholders.
Ideally, you would also bring
- Certifications such as ITIL, IPMA, PMP are appreciated.
- Experience working in a structured PMO.
- General understanding of the games or the entertainment industry.
What is in it for you
- At Remedy you get to work on awesome, memorable gaming experiences for our players, in a studio where your input is valued and your creative freedom is encouraged.
- We work in an environment that values both individual and teamwork, ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard & workload stays sensible. We believe in and support work-life balance. Happy people work better!
- We offer an extensive set of employee benefits and an annual bonus system as well as opportunities for you to develop your skills further. On top of this, in Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation, in addition to public holidays and other special occasions.
- Our studio is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, a safe country with exceptional quality of life, free education and pristine nature at your doorstep. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else!
We enthusiastically welcome diverse viewpoints and backgrounds. We at Remedy value and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and safe work environment for all our team members.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV and motivation letter before Thursday 26th of May. We may proceed to sending you recorded video questions already during the application period.
We're looking forward to hearing from you soon!