Lead Programmer (Vanguard)
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland
Programming – Gameplay Programming
As a Lead Programmer you will be a part of the core Vanguard game development team sharing your expertise and best practices with the team and leading the creation of the best technical solutions for live multiplayer game experiences. Join our Vanguard development team and hop on a one of a kind journey where you will be creating all new Remedy Entertainment experiences.
- Responsible for the overall technical solutions of the project
- Lead and manage technical team by establishing clear coding best practices and leading regular code reviews etc.
- Planning, managing, documenting and tracking project schedules and workflows
- Contribute ideas toward all aspects of the game’s production and development
- Ensure that consistent communication is maintained, in all directions, to guarantee the quality of the game
- You are more than happy to mentor other members of the programming team, helping them to improve and grow.
Requirements and qualifications
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in game programming
- Experience in Unreal Engine development
- Experience in working on various platforms
- Excellent C++ skills
- Team leading experience
- Strong mathematical skills
- Holistic and pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Ability to collaborate and work with a range of disciplines from art to design
- Clear verbal and written communication in English
The ideal candidate will also have
- Prior experience with multiplayer games
- Prior experience in building live game services
What is it in for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable. Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else.
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system.
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions.
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV and other information relevant to the position.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.