Back-end Developer (Vanguard)
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland /
Programming – Back-end Development /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Back-end Developer to join an exciting new online multiplayer game.
As a Back-end Developer you will be a part of the core Vanguard game development team sharing your expertise and best practices with the team and participating the creation of the best technical solutions for live multiplayer game experiences. You will get to work with modern tools, in a truly international work environment with limitless possibility to learn and deepen your knowledge. Join our Vanguard development team and hop on a one of a kind journey where you will be creating all new Remedy Entertainment experiences!
Ideally, you have participated in back-end engineering role in a full life cycle of designing, building, releasing and maintaining an online games.
- Working as part of the Vanguard team on our "games as a service" backend (GaaS)
- Able to implement a robust, scalable microservice based architecture
- Ability to understand project requirements and implement changes and new features as required
- Your work style should include writing tests to your code, communicating technical solutions fluently in English and making solutions that are easy to maintain.
- You know what it takes to make your code clean and optimal, how to make SQL databases to run fast and when NoSQL database is superior
Requirements and qualifications
- A strong programmer with professional experience in backend services (prior gaming experience not essential)
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in relevant languages (C++, Golang, C# etc)
- Prior experience in Cloud Services (AWS, Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure)
- Advanced knowledge of micro services architecture
- Strong Database experience with both SQL and No SQL highly desirable
- Previous experience with the implementation of RESTful interfaces and / or message queues
The ideal candidate will also have
- Excellent C++ skills
- Prior experience in Unreal Engine development
- Prior experience of working with containerized applications; Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Prior experience in building live game services
What is it in for you?
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable
- This position is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV and other information relevant to the position.