Senior Audio Designer
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland /
Design – Audio Design /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Senior Audio Designer for a key role working on Remedy’s projects.
Join the team behind action-packed and story-driven gaming experiences that have acclaimed several best audio nominations in DICE, Develop and G.A.N.G. awards. As a Senior Audio Designer, you will be responsible for collaborating with the design, writing and animation teams to make sure the audio matches the visuals, design and game vision of the project
- Be part of defining the project's overall audio direction along with creative stakeholders
- Act as an interface between the audio team and project stakeholders
- Create concept, content and implement the work through audio middleware and game engine
- Assist with polishing and bug fixing efforts
- Ensure that consistent communication is maintained to guarantee the quality of the game
- Provide accurate time estimations for tasks and meet production deadlines
- You are more than happy to mentor other members of the design team, helping them to improve and grow
Requirements and qualifications
- Demonstrable experience in game development and at least one shipped AAA title as a Senior Audio Designer
- An understanding of audio in both linear and non-linear environments
- Proven track record on high quality audio design and implementation skills
- Strong skills for creating concepts and good system design ability
- Ability and ambition to build an inspiring creative vision for audio
- Experience with standard audio creation software, e.g. REAPER, Pro Tools, Vegas Pro, Izotope RX etc.
- Experience with audio middleware ( Wwise, FMOD etc)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English)
- Excellent problem solving skills combined with a great team player attitude
- Positive, solution-orientated and independent approach to work
The ideal candidate will also have
- Experience in narrative and fast-paced action games
- Knowledge of scripting and/or programming. (Lua, C#...)
- Formal education in a relevant field, e.g. audio engineering, game design etc.
What is in it for you?
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable
- This position is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
To apply, please fill in the application form with your portfolio, CV and other information relevant to the position. Please note that for us to be able to evaluate your application a portfolio (or link to your portfolio) needs to be attached to the application.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.