Associate Art Director (Vanguard)
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland /
Art – Art Director /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the world’s leading independent game studios is looking for an Associate Art Director (F2P/GaaS) for an exciting new online multiplayer game.
In collaboration with the Game Director you get to be part of defining, building and communicating the artistic vision of the project. You’ll have a major role in developing the look of the game and contributing to the overall experience in a live multiplayer environment.
- Lead, manage and mentor both internal and external art teams
- Partner with our Game Director and other leads to push project quality while keeping the art style consistent across all areas
- Drive for alignment with other peer teams and work with Game Director to ensure proper priority calls happen, if needed. You will ensure that consistent communication is maintained, in all directions, to guarantee the quality of the game
- Work with the Development Director to define project processes and pipelines to ensure different teams can work in efficient ways to meet their goals
- Work with the Game Director and our Outsourcing team to identify outsourcing needs
- Advise and guide external development in maintaining the quality and art style of the project
- Be the point of contact to our artists when it comes to understanding aesthetic and technical considerations of the project
- Actively share insight, expertise and best practices with the teams and colleagues in other departments
Requirements and qualifications
- Demonstrated experience as an Associate Art Director, Art Director or Art Manager with at least 1 project shipped in a leadership position
- Excellent understanding of shape, composition and layout as well as a good technical understanding of game engine(s)
- Experience on games built in a modular way
- Former team leading experience and strong leadership and teamwork skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English)
The ideal candidate will also have
- Prior experience with multiplayer games
- Prior experience in building live game services
- Experience in Unreal Engine development
- Background in traditional art and any relevant experience or studies, for instance photography or architecture
- Experience working with Agile development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban etc.)
What is in it for you?
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable
- This position is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV, portfolio and other information relevant to the position. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.