Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland
Design – Cinematic Design
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Cinematic Designer for a key role working on Remedy’s projects.
Are you passionate about creating memorable gaming experiences through a well-balanced mix of compelling narrative and intense action? As Cinematic Designer, your responsibilities will be to collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams, harnessing their expertise to obtain the building blocks which will allow you to design and implement AAA cinematic sequences.
- Design cinematics starting with previsualization materials such as storyboards, animatics and mocap choreography.
- Create video edits based on linear mocap performance.
- Implement the final edits as real-time cinematics in the game engine using proprietary scripting and timeline editing tools.
- Act as liaison between the cinematic team and other disciplines working on the project.
- Ensure that consistent communication is maintained, in all directions, to guarantee the quality of the game
- Provide accurate time estimations for tasks and meet production deadlines.
Requirements and qualifications
- 2+ years of experience in game development.
- Experience working with scripting languages (Lua, C# etc.).
- Experience with video editing using NLE software such as Vegas, Premiere, Final Cut, etc.
- Understanding of animation, timing, staging and storytelling techniques
- Self-motivated and proactive with a dedication to improving your craft.
- Excellent problem solving skills combined with a great team-focused attitude
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
The ideal candidate will also have
- Passion for creating compelling narrative experiences.
- Cinematography or photography knowledge.
- Experience with motion capture workflows.
- Background in film/video.
What is in it for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable.
- Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else.
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system.
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions.
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your portfolio or reel, CV and other information relevant to the position.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.