Senior Unreal Engine Developer
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland
Programming – Engine Programming
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is looking for a Senior Unreal Engine Developer.
As a Senior Unreal Engine Developer you will be a part of the core Vanguard game development team, sharing your Unreal Engine 4 expertise and best practices with your colleagues and participating in the creation of the best technical solutions for live multiplayer game experiences. You will get to work with modern tools, in a truly international work environment with limitless possibility to learn and deepen your knowledge. Join our Vanguard development team and hop on a one of a kind journey where you will be creating all new Remedy Entertainment experiences!
Ideally, you have extensive Unreal experience and have worked with Unreal Engine 4 in a commercially published title beforehand.
- Drive and share the best practices of implementing solutions in Unreal with the team
- Support and modify non-current engine versions
- Create, modify and distribute custom tools and plugins for Unreal
- Effectively collaborate and work with range of disciplines from art to design
- Participate in the design, performance and code review process
Requirements and qualifications
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in C++
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in using Unreal Engine 4
- Advanced knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 C++ and Blueprint API
- Proven games industry experience with at least one shipped multiplayer game
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English)
The ideal candidate will also have
- Hands-on knowledge of Unreal's Gameplay Ability System
- Prior experience of working with gameplay programming
- Passion for playing games
- Degree in Computer Science
What is it in for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable
- Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV and other information relevant to the position.