Head of Audio
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland /
Design – Audio Design /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Head of Audio for a key role working on Remedy’s projects.
As Head of Audio you would be supporting the talented audio team behind action-packed and story-driven gaming experiences that have claimed several best audio nominations and awards at The Game Awards, GDC Awards, and many more.
- Help to define a studio-wide vision and alignment on "what-does-good-look-like" for audio
- Anticipate the project needs for audio team for the mid and long-term and build the needed capacity with the right set of skills and seniority in due time
- Build long term career paths for audio team members
- Verify audio’s outsourcing plans together with the project audio leads and studio's Xdev team
- Actively optimize and improve work methods and best practices to drive team efficiency
- You are more than happy to mentor other members of the team, helping them to improve and grow
- Ensure that we have a happy team by maintaining their strong, supportive team culture
Requirements and qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in game development and at least one shipped AAA title as an Audio Director or Head of Audio
- An understanding of audio in both linear and non-linear environments
- Proven track record on high quality audio design and implementation skills
- Experience on studio-based and outsourced sound effects production work
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English)
The ideal candidate will also have
- Experience in cinematic storytelling and FPS games
- Demonstrated passion for entertainment products
- Formal education in a relevant field, e.g. audio engineering, game design etc.
What is in it for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable.
- Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else.
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system.
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions.
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your portfolio, CV and other information relevant to the position. Please note that for us to be able to evaluate your application a portfolio (or link to your portfolio) needs to be attached to the application.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.