Lead Audio Designer
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland /
Design – Audio Design /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Lead Audio Designer for a key role working on Remedy’s projects.
Join the team behind action-packed and story-driven gaming experiences that have acclaimed several best audio nominations in DICE, Develop and G.A.N.G. awards. As the Lead Audio Designer you you will be part of the project’s extended leadership team owning and driving all areas and aspects related to audio from vision to execution. You will be able to clearly communicate your vision to the team, and have a great skill leading a group of experts in the creation of exciting and memorable audio that will leave players wanting more.
- Define and implement the audio design vision in alignment with the project’s overall creative vision
- Be part of the project’s leadership team and contribute ideas toward all aspects of the game’s production, development and creative vision
- Own the audio design backlog and allocate tasks to the internal and XDev teams, including accurately assessing the time required to complete each task
- Be accountable for a well-balanced, high-quality audio experience
- Be responsible for the project’s audio design documentation and for troubleshooting design issues from a creative standpoint
- Ensure that consistent communication is maintained in all directions to guarantee the quality of the game
- Actively optimize and improve work methods and best practices to drive team efficiency
Requirements and qualifications
- Demonstrable experience in game development and at least one shipped AAA title as a Lead Audio Designer
- Ability to establish and direct the audio vision of a project and communicate this effectively within the team as well as to external partners.
- An understanding of audio in both linear and non-linear environments
- Proven track record on high quality audio design and implementation skills
- Ability to direct and communicate with music composers
- Experience on studio-based and outsourced sound effects production work
- Excellent team leading and project management skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English)
The ideal candidate would also have
- You love the First-Person Shooter genre and have worked on at least one shipped AAA FPS title
What is in it for you?
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable
- This position is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
To apply, please fill in the application form with your LinkedIn/CV, portfolio and other information relevant to the position.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.