Game Technology Programmer
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland /
Programming – Engine Programming /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is looking for a Game Technology Programmer to create exceptional gaming experiences for the next generation of Remedy games.
As a Game Technology Programmer, you will be working as a part of a multidisciplinary game team, bridging the gap between gameplay and engine programmers. You will optimize the Northlight engine for specific game projects and ensure that they have the latest engine version integrated to the game project. You will also act as the Northlight team's first point of contact for the game teams and take ownership of issues that are suspected to be related to the engine.
Your day-to-day work involves sharing your expertise on engine features and best practices with the gameplay programmers, solving complex technical problems, and helping to implement gameplay and engine features. You will get to work with proprietary tools, in a truly international work environment with limitless possibility to learn and deepen your knowledge.
Requirements and qualifications
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in programming
- Excellent C++ skills
- Strong mathematical skills
- Experience with multithreaded programming
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Ability to collaborate and work with a range of disciplines from art to design
- Ability to debug and understand complex systems
- Ability to profile and optimize performance bottlenecks
The ideal candidate will also have
- Experience in working on PC or console platforms
- Experience in working with engine features or tools
- Experience in shipping AAA games
What is it in for you?
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable
- This position is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV and other information relevant to the position.