Espoo, Southern Finland
Programming – Tools Programming
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Quantum Break® and Alan Wake®, and one of the leading game studios in the world is looking for a Tools Programmer to help create exceptional gaming experiences for the next generation of Remedy games. We are looking for a Tools Programmer to join our in-house technology team and help drive our in-house tool development to help create our next blockbusters.
When we decide who gets the job we'll put an emphasis on the following criteria:
- Solid programming skills. You have strong experience with either C++ or C#.
- Knowledge of programming design patterns. You understand how to create software that is maintainable, extendable and scalable.
- Understanding of usability & user experience. You understand user workflows and productivity needs. Your application not only works, but it’s also simple & easy to use.
- Experience with creating GUI applications. Bonus points for WPF or MFC.
- Fluent in English. We’re a multinational organization, and expect you to be able to communicate efficiently with rest of the team in English.
The ideal candidate will also have
- Experience with some game development frameworks such as Unity or Unreal.
- Experience in developing tools for game development.
- Experience with automated testing.
- 3D Math skills. Linear algebra, vectors & matrices don’t intimidate you.
- Worked with Photoshop, Maya, 3DSMax, MotionBuilder or Houdini.
- Passion for games.
What is in it for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable.
- Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else.
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system.
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions.
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable.
To apply, please fill in the application form today. We will fill the position as soon as we find the right candidate. Include your CV as well as other information you think can be relevant to the position.