Senior Front-end Developer
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland
Design – UX
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is looking for a Senior Front-end Developer for a key role working on Remedy’s projects.
- Participate in design and development of our in-house frontend toolkit
- Effectively communicate with designers, programmers with different specializations, content creators and artists from different disciplines to ensure the quality of the game.
- Participate in the design, performance and code review process
What we expect from you:
- 4+ years of experience working with front-end web technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English)
- Experience building greenfield projects and maintaining legacy code in a commercial environment (e.g. shipping games, agency or freelance work)
Ideal candidate will also have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Math related field
- Experience shipping a game
- Experience building and optimizing interactive experiences for the mobile or embedded web (e.g. smart TV applications, mobile browser games)
- Experience working in the games industry
- Experience with C++ (or willing to learn)
- Experience with any of the third-party technologies and tools that we use: CoherentGT, ReactJS, MobX, Web components, Webpack, TypeScript
- Experience working in large multi-discipline teams
What is in it for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and the cost of living is affordable
- Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable
To apply, please fill in the application form today. We will fill the position as soon as we find the right person. Include your CV as well as other information you think can be relevant to the position.