Senior Gameplay Programmer
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland
Programming – Gameplay Programming
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Quantum Break® and Alan Wake®, Max Payne and the upcoming Control is looking for a Senior Gameplay Programmer to help craft exceptional gameplay experiences for Remedy’s future games.
As a Senior Gameplay Programmer you will be part of the core game development team from the very beginning of the project. You will be designing, developing and delivering new features in our games. You will get to own multiple gameplay systems and working with design to iterate them to final quality.
Requirements and qualifications
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in game programming
- At least 1 shipped title working in Gameplay
- Experience in working on various platforms
- Experience with multithreaded programming
- Excellent C++ skills
- Strong mathematical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Ability to collaborate and work with a range of disciplines from art to design
- Take ownership of multiple game systems and drive them to final quality
The ideal candidate will also have
- Experience shipping AAA games
- Experience working on 1st person/3rd person action games
- Prior experience working with client/server game systems
What is it in for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable. Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else.
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system.
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions.
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV and other information relevant to the position.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.