Senior Gameplay Programmer
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland /
Programming – Gameplay Programming /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is looking for a Senior Gameplay Programmer to help craft exceptional gameplay experiences for Remedy's future games.
As a Senior Gameplay Programmer, you will be part of the core game development team for one of our ambitious projects. You will be in a key role designing, developing and delivering new features in our games. In this role you will get to own multiple gameplay systems and work with design to iterate them to final quality. Your main aspiration is to make great player experiences, and if needed, you feel comfortable in making engine side modifications too. The role can also be tailored to match with your skills and interests.
As a programmer, you participate eagerly in code reviews and take pride in writing clean, efficient, readable, portable, and reliable code. You have great communications skills and enjoy elaborating your technical solutions to colleagues in engineering, design, and art teams alike.
Requirements and qualifications
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in programming
- At least one shipped title working in Gameplay or Game AI
- Excellent C++ skills
- Strong mathematical skills
- Experience with multithreaded programming
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Ability to collaborate and work with a range of disciplines from art to design
- Ability to take ownership of multiple game systems and drive them to final quality
The ideal candidate will also have
- Experience working on 1st person/3rd person action games
- Experience in working on PC or console platforms
- Experience in working with engine features or tools
- Experience in shipping AAA games
What is it in for you?
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable
- This position is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV and other information relevant to the position.