Senior Engine Programmer (Foundation)
Espoo, Finland or Stockholm, Sweden
Programming – Engine Programming /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Senior Engine Programmer for the Northlight Foundation Engine team.
As a Senior Engine Programmer, you will be working with highly talented team members to design, develop and deliver new features to our engine. We are constantly seeking new ways to make our games better and we value everyone's opinions and expertise for making the whole process from ideas to technology to final game more than the sum of its parts.
In the Foundation engine team, we develop the system layers of the engine, interacting directly with the various supported platforms and providing the building blocks for other teams to build with. This includes areas such as memory management, storage, input, concurrency, low-level graphics APIs, and our library of standard containers, utilities and algorithms.
We enthusiastically welcome diverse viewpoints and backgrounds. We at Remedy value and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and safe work environment for all our team members.
For this role we can case-by-case consider remote working within Europe.
What you get to do
- In this role, you will extend existing proprietary engine systems to enable development of new client features
- Lead the investigation of legacy code in search of the most efficient, safe and robust solutions for the new client features
- Design and develop new features in collaboration with other engineers, designers and artists.
- Write cross-platform code with performance and memory usage in mind
- Write technical design documentation detailing software requirements, usage guidelines and implementation route
What you bring to the role
- You are highly experienced in modern C++ with the ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- You have experience in having ownership of at least one complex system from prototype to release
- You are used to working on multiple platforms
- You’re skilled in using large code bases and optimizing code, data, and bandwidth to improve both memory consumption and execution speed
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- You thrive working in a team environment, sharing ideas and learning from others. You are used to collaborating with colleagues across different departments and you are able to communicate and present your ideas in a clear and coherent way. As a team member you are dedicated contributing towards a friendly and inclusive work environment
- You can also work independently, being organized and able to document your work
- You also have console programming experience
- You have experience using static and performance analysis tools, automated testing, and unit testing
- You have shipped a AAA title
What is in it for you
- At Remedy you get to work on awesome, memorable gaming experiences for our players, in a studio where your input is valued, and your creative freedom is encouraged.
- We work in an environment that values both individual and teamwork, ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard & workload stays sensible. We believe in and support work-life balance. Happy people work better!
- We offer an extensive set of employee benefits and an annual bonus system as well as opportunities for you to develop your skills further. On top of this, in Finland and Sweden you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation, in addition to public holidays and other special occasions.
- We have two offices, one in Finland, in the Helsinki metropolitan area, and one in Stockholm, Sweden. Both locations are well known for their exceptional quality of life, free education and pristine nature at your doorstep.
- If you are not already in Finland or Sweden, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we take care of everything else.
- Our studio is embracing a hybrid work model that gives you the flexibility to work from home and have valuable face-to-face time with your colleagues.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV (in English), work references/portfolio and other information relevant to the position. This position will be filled as soon as suitable applicants are found.