Senior Software Project Manager
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland /
Production – Production /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Senior Software Project Manager for a key role working in Remedy’s projects.
Northlight, our proprietary storytelling engine powering all Remedy games, has a critical role in ensuring the success of our current and future games. The Northlight team consists of more than 50 dedicated professionals including programmers, engineers, producers, technical artists and designers, all working together with the game teams to create intriguing game experiences.
Now we're looking for an experienced Software Project Manager to help drive Northlight development efforts and to enable the production of future blockbuster Remedy games. The person we are looking for has a strong background in game or software development and excellent project management, team leadership and communication skills.
- The mission of the role is to drive several teams and own projects within the Northlight tech initiative to deliver them in time, budget and quality
What you get to do
- Create and prioritize development roadmaps for a number of Northlight teams, in close collaboration with other team leads, Northlight management and Remedy game teams
- Lead the team for the delivery of new Northlight projects, often in coordinated effort by multiple teams
- Identify and mitigate risks and implement any corrective contingency measures
- Identify and remove any blockers preventing the teams from achieving their goals
- Report development progress to Northlight management and other stakeholders
- Contribute to continuous improvement of development processes and best practices
What you bring to the role
- Solid project management and team leadership experience from game or software industry with proven delivery track record
- Strong background in game or software development
- Fluent in agile methods and modern software development practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
What is in it for you?
- At Remedy you get to work on awesome, memorable gaming experiences for our players, in a studio where your input is valued and your creative freedom is encouraged.
- We work in an environment that values both individual and teamwork, ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard & workload stays sensible. We believe in and support work-life balance. Happy people work better!
- We offer an extensive set of employee benefits and an annual bonus system as well as opportunities for you to develop your skills further. On top of this, in Finland and Sweden you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation, in addition to public holidays and other special occasions.
- Our studio is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, a safe country with exceptional quality of life, free education and pristine nature at your doorstep. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else!
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV and other information relevant to the position. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.