Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland /
Other – Game Director /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is looking for a Game Director for one of Remedy’s projects.
We are looking for an experienced Game Director to establish our game’s creative vision and to direct how the game looks, sounds, plays and feels. You will evangelize the creative vision within the team and guide them through the creative process including gameplay, narrative and world development.
You know how to communicate your vision to the team and how to get them excited about what’s to come. You are not afraid to make tough decisions that will improve the overall experience, to keep production on-track and the team focused. This will be a unique opportunity for you to get to lead a group of experts at Remedy in the creation of the next exciting and memorable experience from our studio.
- Establish, own and drive forward the creative vision of the game
- Provide a direction for the game and drive for creative alignment within the team and with the key stakeholders
- Evangelize the creative vision of the game to the studio and the team.
- Oversee and direct consistency of all of the creative departments against the games creative vision.
- Review all player facing team deliverables against the creative vision and provide guidance
- Contribute to definitions of milestones and project goals
- Ensure prioritizing product and work scope based on player value
Requirements and qualifications
- You love the First-Person Shooter genre and have worked on at least one shipped AAA FPS title
- Demonstrable previous work as a Game Director for 1st person/3rd person multiplatform games
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Experience in leading, managing and mentoring teams
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude with a team-oriented mindset
What is in it for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable
- Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV/LinkedIn and other information relevant to the position.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.