Senior Business Manager
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland
Other – Business Development & Market Research
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is looking for an experienced person to help manage business development, strategic partnerships and market research initiatives.
Your responsibilities will be to explore new business opportunities and negotiate, build and manage business partnerships. Among others, these partnerships include platform holders, publishers, digital distribution stores, and distribution partners needed to publish and sell our games. To support all this you will also systematically push to increase our understanding on the continuously changing game market by overseeing business and market research initiatives.
You love games and the games Remedy creates. Along with a strategic mindset and business savvy, you have a passion for analyzing and seeking out opportunities and efficient ways of growing game franchises and company value. You always strive to build long term relationships on mutual trust and respect.
Finally, you love to collaborate and work in smaller teams where everyone helps each other out to succeed as a team, while still earnestly knowing their own accountability and carrying out their responsibilities with excellence.
- New business development
- Building and managing strategic partnerships: platform holders, technology partners, and other partners that add strategic value to our games
- Business contract preparations and negotiations
- Manage digital store accounts and relationships
- Conduct market research and reports to identify and quantify business opportunities and consumer needs
- Coordinate work with market and business research companies
- Work together with finance department and product leads providing market research information for decision making and forecasting
Requirements and qualifications
- You understand the gaming audience and play video games yourself
- 5+ years of experience working in business development or similar positions
- Excellent teamwork, communication skills and the ability to take and adapt to direct feedback
- You are proactive, systematic and disciplined
- A wide understanding of the entertainment and video games industries
- Experience of business development and relationship management
- Analytical and systematic approach to business modeling and market research
- Working with contracts and legal documents
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business administration or finance or a related field
What is in it for you?
- You get to join a company in a very exciting development phase, and be part of forming an essential function for the company’s future
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable
- Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV and other information relevant to the position. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.