Senior System Administrator
Espoo, Finland or Stockholm, Sweden
Other – IT /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Senior System Administrator to support us in creating high quality gaming experiences for the next generation of games.
Remedy’s environment is built on a hybrid platform of Ubuntu Linux and Windows servers, of which we have 195pcs in total; not that we keep count but our Zabbix monitoring system does. Running virtualized with vSphere, in a complex set of dynamically routed BGP networks using technologies Cisco, Ruckus and Palo Alto. Most of our hosts, including workstations, run dual stack IPv4/IPv6.
Using several different storage platforms that are built on fiber channel and iSCSI SANs, enables us to handle the huge amount of data flowing between systems generated through game development. We aim to orchestrate the setting up of our infrastructure and services. Ansible is used for installation of servers & services and for workstation and endpoint management we use SCCM. VMware Horizon helps us to provide VDI for remote/hybrid work for our globally dispersed user base.
On top of the infrastructure, we run commercial applications like Perforce Helix and Gitlab for source control, Atlassian collaboration tools, M365 and TeamCity for CI/CD with a build farm of ~100 agents. A hybrid on-prem AD/Azure AD is integrated to our business applications and is utilized for IAM and user & access management.
Since the IT services keep our 600+ game developers ticking, we emphasize redundancy and high availability in all our infrastructure and critical services.
We enthusiastically welcome diverse viewpoints and backgrounds. We at Remedy value and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and safe work environment for all our team members.
What you get to do
- In this role you will be working on developing and administering our IT infrastructure together with the other System Administrators
- Taking ownership of the technical aspects of our IT development projects
- Plan, develop and build cloud infrastructure to support our existing on-prem services
- Participate in planning the development roadmap of the IT services and infrastructure together with the IT team and stakeholders
- Coordinate the external consultants work for our development projects
What you bring to the role
- You are experienced in administering an on-prem data center and have played a key role in a cloud transformation project
- You have experience in automating administration tasks using scripting and/or orchestration software
- You have a good understanding of the implications in system’s designs to information security and other risks
- Good verbal and written communication and documentation skills in English
- Good understanding of software development processes and programming skills are a bonus
- You thrive working in a team environment, sharing ideas, and learning from others. You are used to collaborating with colleagues across different departments and can communicate and present your ideas clearly and coherently. As a team member you are dedicated to contributing towards a friendly and inclusive work environment
- You can also work independently, being organized and able to document your work. You have a positive can-do attitude, with an analytical and investigative mindset, with a sense of responsibility.
What is in it for you
- At Remedy you get to work on awesome, memorable gaming experiences for our players, in a studio where your input is valued, and your creative freedom is encouraged.
- We work in an environment that values both individual and teamwork, ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard & workload stays sensible. We believe in and support work-life balance. Happy people work better!
- We offer an extensive set of employee benefits and an annual bonus system as well as opportunities for you to develop your skills further. On top of this, in Finland and Sweden you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation, in addition to public holidays and other special occasions.
- We have two offices, one in Finland, in the Helsinki metropolitan area, and one in Stockholm, Sweden. Both locations are well known for their exceptional quality of life, free education and pristine nature at your doorstep.
- If you are not already in Finland or Sweden, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we take care of everything else.
- Our studio is embracing a hybrid work model that gives you the flexibility to work from home and have valuable face-to-face time with your colleagues.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV (in English), work references/portfolio and other information relevant to the position. This position will be filled as soon as suitable applicants are found.