Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland
Design – Cinematic Design /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Camera Artist to create high quality gaming experiences for the next generation of games
As a Camera Artist, your responsibilities will be to collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams to turn the vision of the game’s narrative into in-engine AAA cinematic sequences and to ensure those sequences meet the cinematographic requirements of the game.
We enthusiastically welcome diverse viewpoints and backgrounds. We at Remedy value and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and safe work environment for all our team members.
What you get to do
- In this role you will be creating and polishing cameras for game cinematics to build scenes that convey emotional experiences.
- You will help drive the narrative of the game through the effective use of cinematography.
- You will be collaborating with the Cinematics team to ensure that the visual style of the game is consistent with the overall creative vision.
- You will also be helping the Cinematics team to improve workflows and processes.
What you bring to the role
- You have previous experience as a camera or layout artist, preferably working with AAA games.
- You have experience in 3D software, such as Motion builder, Maya, 3D Studio Max, or equivalent.
- You are knowledgeable and worked with game engines, such as Unity or Unreal.
- You have a good understanding of the theory and application of film language and cinematography.
- You have a portfolio of work which demonstrates your ability.
- You have a drive to constantly push art quality and try out new ideas.
- You thrive working in a team environment, sharing ideas, mentoring as well as learning from others.
- You are used to collaborating with colleagues across different departments and you can communicate and present your ideas in a clear way. As a team member you are dedicated towards a friendly and inclusive work environment
- You can also work independently, being organized and able to document your work.
What is in it for you
- At Remedy you get to work on awesome, memorable gaming experiences for our players, in a studio where your input is valued, and your creative freedom is encouraged.
- We work in an environment that values both individual and teamwork, ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard & workload stays sensible. We believe in and support work-life balance. Happy people work better!
- We offer an extensive set of employee benefits and an annual bonus system as well as opportunities for you to develop your skills further. On top of this, in Finland and Sweden you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation, in addition to public holidays and other special occasions.
- We have two offices, one in Finland, in the Helsinki metropolitan area, and one in Stockholm, Sweden. Both locations are well known for their exceptional quality of life, free education and pristine nature at your doorstep. For this role the preference is to have candidates based in Finland, as the rest of the team is there.
- If you are not already in Finland or Sweden, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we take care of everything else.
- Our studio is embracing a hybrid work model that gives you the flexibility to work from home and have valuable face-to-face time with your colleagues.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your portfolio/reel, CV/LinkedIn (in English) and other information relevant to the position. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.