Learning and Development Manager
Espoo, Finland or Stockholm, Sweden /
Other – PeopleOps /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is looking for a Learning & Development Manager for a key role in our organization
We are looking for a studio-wide Learning & Development Manager to own the learning and development strategy, to build frameworks and to help our supervisors and crafts in supporting their people to learn and grow. You work closely together with our People Operations, Production, Projects, Supervisors and Crafts. You are a team player with excellent project management, organizational and facilitation skills.
We are offering you a unique opportunity to play an important part in working with our amazing, international talent and helping everyone reach their full potential by developing and building our knowledge sharing culture
What you get to do
- As the Learning & Development Manager, you will create and execute learning and development strategies, frameworks, and programs studio-wide
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to create, and implement a framework of a skill matrix system for each craft (defining the required skillsets, responsibilities, and seniority levels) together with HR, craft leads and supervisors
- Build a framework for evaluating and supporting individual and organizational staff development needs
- Plan, implement and run various learning methods companywide (coaching, mentoring, onboarding, workshops, online-training, Remedy Academy)
- Build and manage the Remedy Academy; define training projects per craft and project, help to organize studio-wide trainings, create a roadmap and manage the training budgets
- Running other development plans and projects related to L&D
What you bring to the role
- Several years of experience in working in a Learning & Development Manager or similar role in an international organization
- M.A., MSc., BSc/BA in Business, Psychology, HR or a related field
- You have current knowledge of effective learning and development methods and you are familiar with e-learning platforms and practices
- You have demonstrated, end-to-end project/program management experience: conception and initiation, planning, execution, performance/monitoring, and project closing
- You have demonstrated consultative approach: excellent communication and influencing skills to communicate effectively and credibly, both verbally and in writing
- You are able to analyze and synthesize data from multiple sources in order to identify themes and develop recommendations
- You can work autonomously and effectively in a complex environment
- You thrive working in a team environment, sharing ideas and learning from others. You are used to collaborating with colleagues across different departments and you are able to communicate and present your ideas in a clear way. As a team member you are dedicated contributing towards a friendly and inclusive work environment
What is in it for you
- At Remedy you get to work on awesome, memorable gaming experiences for our players, in a studio where your input is valued and your creative freedom is encouraged.
- We work in an environment that values both individual and teamwork, ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard & workload stays sensible. We believe in and support work-life balance. Happy people work better!
- We offer an extensive set of employee benefits and an annual bonus system as well as opportunities for you to develop your skills further. On top of this, in Finland and Sweden you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation, in addition to public holidays and other special occasions.
- Our studio is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, a safe country with exceptional quality of life, free education and pristine nature at your doorstep. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else!
- If you are based in Sweden, we also welcome candidates to our new location in Stockholm.
- Our studio is embracing hybrid work model that gives you the flexibility to work from home and have valuable face-to-face time with your colleagues.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your cover letter, CV or LinkedIn (in English) and other information relevant to the position.