Senior Test Automation Engineer
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland /
Other – DevOps /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is looking for a Senior Test Automation Engineer to help to create exceptional gaming experiences for te next generation of Remedy games.
As a Senior Test Automation Engineer, you will join our DevOps team on a journey to take Remedy's test automation and quality to the next level. In this role, you will work in a key role in improving our test automation processes and designing, implementing and maintaining a customized test automation framework at our studio.
We are looking for a colleague with understanding of software architecture, and in this position you’re in a central role in choosing the right methods and tools our test automation framework is built and maintained with. You will collaborate and work with a range of experts in disciplines from art to design and most importantly, provide meaningful feedback to our other developers.
To be successful in this role, it’s a plus if you have former experience from implementing and maintaining test automation framework(s) for desktop applications and writing test scripts, as this will help you to perform your daily tasks effectively and get a smooth start in your work.
Requirements and qualifications
- Solid programming skills, preferably strong experience with at least one programming language and an understanding of either C++ or C#
- Excellent scripting skills (Python preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to clearly document processes
The ideal candidate will also have
- Previous experience from working with customized test automation framework(s) for desktop applications
- Experience with generic test automation frameworks (e.g. Robot Framework)
- Knowledge of world building software and game development tools
- Passion for PC and console games
- Experience with analytics and databases
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools
What is in it for you?
- You get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable
- This position is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV and other information relevant to the position. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.