(Senior) Xdev Producer
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland /
Production – Outsourcing /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is looking for a (Senior) Xdev Producer for a key role working on Remedy’s projects.
The External Development Producer will be responsible for working with external development teams worldwide to develop quality games for PC and Console platforms on time and on budget. This role will also include working in a co-development environment. The person in this position will manage and track multiple products to ensure they are tracking to schedule and quality goals while acting as a problem solver, project champion, decision maker and communicator. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in external production and game development.
- Work with internal and external teams across all disciplines, and craft, maintain, and communicate roadmaps and schedules
- Perform as the primary contact and steward for Remedy Entertainment and the external developer
- Oversee day-to-day development process and work directly with external partners
- Update internal documentation based on meetings and action items, following up as necessary.
- Assist with the creation, estimation, and tracking of feature submissions
- Facilitate and maintain a healthy daily communication channel between internal and external teams
- Communicate effectively with leadership teams at all levels on project status, risks, and opportunities
- Identify, communicate, and help resolve all roadblocks and bottlenecks that may prevent an on-time and high-quality delivery and raising internal awareness
- Constantly evaluate and iterate to improve production and development processes
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to guide features from concept to post-release (live operations)
- Coordinate play testing, build evaluation, user experience analysis, focus testing and so on with external parties
Requirements and qualifications
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in a production role
- Shipped multiple games on PC and/or console (AAA games preferred)
- Fluent in both internal and external game development cycles, from concept to post-release (if applicable)
- Capable and experienced in handling multiple projects
- Exceptional spoken, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Solid ability to build, track, and maintain complex schedules
- Experience in internal development in a game studio
- Calm and deliberate within a highly dynamic, culturally diverse, energized, and fast-paced working environment
- Deep and demonstrable knowledge of game development and industry trends
- Ability to lead and motivate external and internal staff while championing a project
The ideal candidate would also have
- International experience with teams in Europe and Asia and fluency in other languages a plus
What is in it for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable
- Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV and other information relevant to the position. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.