Gameplay Designer (World Systems)
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland /
Design – Gameplay Design /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is now looking for a Gameplay Designer (World Systems) for a key role working on Remedy’s projects.
If you like the idea of working on a AAA title, taking ownership of multiple game systems, driving them through concept to final implementation in production levels and being responsible for their final quality in the hands of our passionate players, then this job is for you!
- Under direction from the Lead Gameplay Designer and Game Director; design, prototype and script core gameplay features using our proprietary Northlight game engine.
- Take responsibility of complex world systems that allow for the creation of compelling open world experiences and drive them from conception through to full implementation and polish
- Define and drive the creation of unique content and in-game events that delight players and encourage them to explore the game world
- Work with gameplay programmers to develop architecture and systems that allow for the flexible creation of game features using Lua
- Work with the design team to brainstorm and prototype new ways to keep players engaged and the community buzzing
- Plan your work to ensure your features are delivered on time and to an exceptional quality
Requirements and qualifications
- Demonstrable previous work experience as a Gameplay Designer focused on world system design and creating compelling open-world systemic gameplay
- Experience taking at least one (preferably multiple) core features from concept to release
- Knowledge and experience working with next-generation 3D level editors (CryEngine, Unreal etc. or internally developed editors)
- Knowledge and experience working with scripting languages (Lua, C# etc.) to script prototype game features and level flow / logic
- Ability to take criticism from leads, publishers and other team members and channel it into improving the product
- Self-motivated and proactive with a dedication to improving your craft and making the best games possible
- Dedicated to contributing towards a friendly team environment
- An amazing ability to communicate both verbally and in written form (in English)
The ideal candidate will also have
- Prototyping experience (e.g. Unreal/Unity)
- An avid player of games, both multiplayer and single player
What is in it for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable
- Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV and other information relevant to the position.