Lead Gameplay Designer (Vanguard)
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland /
Design – Gameplay Design /
We are looking for a Lead Gameplay Designer (F2P/GaaS) to join the Vanguard core game development team where you’d be responsible for the creation of memorable gameplay experiences in a new online multiplayer game.
Join our Vanguard development team and hop on a one of a kind journey where you will be creating all-new Remedy Entertainment experiences.
As the Lead Game Designer reporting to the Game Director, you will be part of the project’s leadership team and own and drive all areas and aspects related to gameplay and systems design from vision to execution. You will lead a team of highly talented designers and collaborate closely with a cross disciplinary team of experienced game makers in creating a new, groundbreaking online multiplayer experience.
Ideally, you have worked as a Lead Game Designer, Lead Gameplay Designer or Lead Technical Designer on online games as a service (GaaS) from concept phase through live service.
- Define and implement the gameplay and systems design vision in alignment with the project’s overall creative vision
- Be part of the project’s leadership team and contribute ideas toward all aspects of the game’s production, development and creative vision
- Build and lead a team of experienced designers and help team members to make the most out of their day-to-day work by establishing sound processes and best practices
- Own the design backlog and allocate tasks to the design team, including accurately assessing the time required to complete each task
- Be accountable for a well-balanced, high-quality gameplay experience
- Be responsible for the project’s design documentation and for troubleshooting design issues from a creative standpoint
- Ensure that consistent communication is maintained in all directions to guarantee the quality of the game
- Actively share insights, expertise and best practices within the project team and with colleagues in other teams
Requirements and qualifications
- Demonstrated previous experience in design leadership roles on F2P / GaaS titles
- Solid experience with F2P design best practices with a focus on designing for Engagement and Conversion
- Experience with player motivational frameworks (PENS etc.) is a plus
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to prototype and implement features using Unreal Blueprints and/or C++
- An excellent team player with a passion for working collaboratively in fast moving, multidisciplinary environments
- Experience of working with Agile development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English)
What is in it for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable.
- Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else.
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system.
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions.
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV, portfolio and other information relevant to the position.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.