Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland
Production – Outsourcing
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake®, Death Rally®, Control and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for an Outsourcing Artist to be part of Remedy’s projects.
As an Outsourcing Artist, you are supporting our environment art team by working together with external vendors ensuring that the quality of the assets match our standards. We’ll offer you the chance to learn and be part of our long established team experienced in shipping AAA games.
- Create examples, documentation and specifications for the vendors with the guidance of our Senior Outsourcing Artist and Outsourcing Producer
- Be both a technical and creative point of contact for art outsourcing by providing feedback to vendors
- Help to direct vendors' work on various asset types (ie. hard surface, organic, vegetation) under guidance of Senior Outsourcing Artist
- Optimize and polish assets after external delivery including UVs, baking, material and texture adjustments and optimization
- Integrate assets in-game by using our in-house tools
- Maintain consistent style under the direction of the Art Director and Lead Artists.
- Communicate effectively with other team members
Requirements and qualifications
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a game artist working for big screen projects.
- Proven ability to create great looking game ready assets and able to demonstrate that in a portfolio
- Knowledge of 3ds Max, Maya or equivalent software.
- Strong foundations skills: color, composition, and design
- Proficient in modeling, sculpting, baking and UV layout in Maya, Modo, or equivalent
- Proficient in texture and material creation with Photoshop, Substance Painter, Substance Designer
- Experience with ZBrush or other sculpting generating software a plus
What is in it for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable.
- Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else.
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system.
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions.
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your portfolio, CV and other information relevant to the position. Please note that for us to be able to evaluate your application a portfolio (or link to one) needs to be attached to the application.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.