Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland /
Programming – Graphics Programming /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is looking for a Graphics Programmer to create exceptional gaming experiences for the next generation of Remedy games.
While working as a Graphics Programmer, you will be working on the Northlight engine together with highly passionate team members to develop, design, optimize and debug our rendering pipeline and engine systems. In this role, you will be working in a multiplatform environment, in which you will deploy, evaluate performance, and test software on Xbox, PlayStation and Windows platforms. We are constantly seeking new ways to make our games better and we value everyone’s opinion, meaning that you can contribute to the design and roadmap of our industry-leading AAA engine.
We are looking for a colleague with a great eye for visuals and detail – you know how to twiddle with vertices and get them rendered beautifully in real-time. As a programmer, you participate eagerly in code reviews and take pride in writing efficient, clean, readable, portable, and reliable code. You have great communications skills and enjoy elaborating your technical solutions to colleagues in engineering, design, and art teams alike.
Requirements and qualifications
- 4+ years of experience working with Computer Graphics
- Strong background in C/C++
- Strong math skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Math related field
- Background with code and data optimization
- Knowledge of CPU, GPU and memory architectures
- Experience writing shaders in HLSL, Cg or GLSL
- Fluent in a modern 3D graphics API (OpenGL, Direct3D, or console equivalent)
- Familiarity using modern GPU/CPU performance analysis tools
- Solid debugging skills including ability to debug at an assembly-level when necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
The ideal candidate will also have
- Background with parallel programming and multi-threaded renderers
- Demonstrated ability to write efficient, clean, readable, portable, and reliable code
- Familiarity with research on computer graphics
What is in it for you?
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable
- This position is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV and other information relevant to the position.